Our attorneys assist business and government clients in compliance with environmental, safety, health, and related laws and regulations, and in resolving disputes related to environmental/health and safety issues. Their collective experience and up-to-date knowledge of continually evolving federal, state, and local requirements, as well as a unique understanding of clients' objectives and operations, gives our team an advantage when working through complex regulatory requirements or related contract negotiations or litigation.
Our practice includes:
- Advice on compliance with all major state, federal, and local regulations, in all regulated media, including Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, CERCLA (Superfund), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and related state/local programs, including brownfields development, storm water management, and wetlands issues.
- Advice on compliance with health and safety regulations associated with construction, industrial facilities, transportation, and other business operations, including licensing/training requirements and OSHA compliance.
- Assistance in permitting of development, construction, energy projects, and commercial/industrial facilities.
- Representation of clients in all phases of land acquisition, transfer, and development, including contract negotiation and due diligence.
- Representation of clients in administrative proceedings and hearings related to permit appeals, compliance issues, siting issues, and related matters.
- Representation of clients' interests in the regulatory process, including public hearings, comments on proposed regulations, participation in negotiated rule-making, and support of variance applications.
- Resolution of issues associated with notices of violation, consent orders, and related processes.
- Representation of clients in environmental litigation, including regulatory appeals and civil litigation.
Contact Coates & Davenport, P.C., to schedule a consultation regarding your environmental law issues. Email us your contact information via our online form, or call us directly at 804-729-5537.