The firm's attorneys have a wide range of background in representing both employers and employees in all aspects of the employment arena. From Title VII discrimination claims to wage and hour class actions, the firm's attorneys have handled a multitude of claims from the administrative process through trial.
In addition, the firm's attorneys have represented management in all aspects of the traditional labor relationship, from union avoidance and representation elections through collective bargaining and grievance and arbitration. Representative cases include:
- Represented employer in ADA claim alleging HIV discrimination. Summary judgment for employer affirmed by U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
- Represented dozens of employers in Title VII, ADA and ADEA claims before the EEOC and in federal courts
- Represented employers in state court wrongful discharge claims
- Represented employers in wage and hour collective actions
- Represented executive employees in employment contract negotiation and negotiation of severance packages.
- Represented numerous employers in union representation proceedings including those in the hotel, textile, mining and laundry industries.
- Advised employers on all aspects of the employment relationship including discipline, policies, employee benefits and termination.
- Represented employers in collective bargaining in bargaining units from 100 to 5,000.
- Represented employers in union grievance and arbitration proceedings.
- Acted as arbitrator in employment-related matters.
Contact Coates & Davenport, P.C., for a consultation about your labor and employment case. Email us your contact information via our online form, or call us directly at 804-729-5537.