At Coates & Davenport, P.C., in Richmond, Virginia, our attorneys represent people and businesses charged with a wide range of state and federal criminal charges. We also protect our clients' interests in related administrative or disciplinary proceedings.
A Criminal Defense Practice Led By A Former Richmond Prosecutor
Leading our criminal defense team are former Richmond prosecutor Thomas F. Coates III and Harrison Hubard, Jr., each of whom has more than 20 years of criminal defense experience from misdemeanors to serious felonies. Our clients count on us to help minimize their exposure to punishment on such serious felony or misdemeanor charges as:
- Violent crimes such as assault, manslaughter, domestic violence or vehicular homicide
- Drug crimes such as possession or distribution of marijuana, cocaine, heroin or unauthorized prescription drugs
- Property crimes such as shoplifting and larceny
- White collar crimes involving fraud, obstruction of justice or perjury, money laundering, embezzlement or false claims for payment
- Juvenile and domestic relations offenses whether committed by adults or juveniles
- Drunk driving charges ranging from first-time DUI or implied consent violations to felony DUI resulting from alcohol-related accidents
- Traffic violations including DUI defense, speeding and reckless driving charges
- Liquor law violations by restaurants, bars or retailers
- Parole and probation violations
Using Our Knowledge Of Other Legal Areas To Strengthen Your Criminal Defense
A strength of our criminal defense practice is our ability to integrate our experience in other areas of the law into your defense. Many of our clients also have business, real estate or family law relationships with our firm. In complex fraud and business crime cases, our experience representing business helps us understand the financial and commercial context of the offense.
Helping You Keep Your Professional License
For licensed businesses and professionals, a criminal conviction can create serious problems. If you are a lawyer, teacher, real estate broker, nurse or other licensed professional, we can devise a strategy that minimizes your exposure to license suspension or revocation proceedings before a state oversight board.
Contact us below to make an appointment to discuss the particulars of your case with any attorney on our criminal defense team.
Our team of criminal and traffic law attorneys is a diverse group of experienced professionals:
T. Michael Blanks, Jr.
Thomas F. Coates III
Harrison Hubard, Jr.
Todd A. Knode
Tammy L. Sossei
To learn more about our ability to represent your interests in any criminal matter, contact a knowledgeable trial attorney at Coates & Davenport, P.C., at 804-729-5537 or via our online form.