Juveniles in Virginia can be charged with the same crimes as adults. But there are a host of offenses that are often associated with younger persons. They include:
- Sex. Sexual assault, indecency with a child, sexting, sexual assault of a child
- Drugs. Possession, possession with intent, using in a drug-free zone
- Cars. Reckless driving, speeding, driving without a license or suspended license
- Drinking. DUI/DWI, underage drinking, intoxication assault
- Fighting. Assault, gang-related violence, domestic violence
- Property. Theft and petty theft, trespassing, vandalism, arson, criminal mischief
The lawyers at Coates & Davenport, P.C., have been helping Richmond families deal with juvenile arrests for underage drinking and other offenses for more than 40 years. Trust us to do our utmost to protect your loved one from harm.
A Word About Juvenile Drug Charge Defense
It is not true that a superior adult criminal defense lawyer always makes a good juvenile defender. A lawyer may have a great grasp of Virginia criminal statutes, but not be right for your son or daughter. A good juvenile defender understands what is at stake for a young person — more trouble, or a change in direction.
We understand the harm the wrong kind of punishment can cause. It's not enough to have your child's drug arrest set aside. That's why we focus not just on the case at hand but on your son or daughter's future, and how to best safeguard it.
Our team of criminal and traffic law attorneys is a diverse group of experienced professionals:
T. Michael Blanks, Jr.
Thomas F. Coates III
Harrison Hubard, Jr.
Todd A. Knode
Tammy L. Sossei
When you or your loved ones are in trouble with the law, call the respected Richmond juvenile crime lawyers at Coates & Davenport, P.C., at 804-729-5537. You can also email us your information via our online form.