Richmond Criminal Defense Lawyers, And More
Founded in 1974 as Coates & Comess, the law firm now known as Coates & Davenport, P.C., has grown to meet the changing needs of our clientele. Today, our legal services have evolved to meet the personal and family needs of long-time small business clients. We offer such clients comprehensive representation, from forming a business to handling bankruptcy to family law matters to trusts and estates to representation in residential and commercial real estate matters. Contact us in Richmond to learn more about the scope of our practice and how we can serve your needs.
Multijurisdictional Attorneys With Multiple Practice Areas
If you have a legal problem, where do you take it? The Greater Richmond, Virginia, area is a multijurisdictional region. Cases are tried not just in Richmond but across the eight-county area. We have many different courts across our area, each set up for a different purpose:
- State general district court: for misdemeanors, violations of local ordinances
- State juvenile and domestic relations district courts: for young persons accused of criminal acts
- State circuit courts: a combination of trial court and court of appeals, trying major civil cases, felonies and equity matters like divorces, wills and property disputes
- State court of appeals: for intermediate appeals
- Supreme Court of Virginia: "the court of final resort"
- Federal district courts: hearing cases involving white collar crime, conspiracy, drug trafficking, fraud and some sex offenses
Adjusting And Growing To Meet Changing Needs
We have adapted our legal practice to changes in business, family structures and technology. Coates & Davenport, P.C., is fully supported by the latest communications and information technology. This saves us time, costs, and improves responsiveness. Another sign of change is our representation of clients in areas that were far less visible a generation ago. We have a thriving practice in matters such as intellectual property, employment and discrimination law, franchise law, software licensing, and residential relocation services for national employers with mobile and flexible workforces.
Recognized For Our Experience And High Standards Of Practice
Our attorneys average more than 20 years of practice each. Our firm is AV-rated* under the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system. Our commitment to outstanding client service as well as the versatility and breadth of our practice accounts for our success since 1974. For additional information about the scope of our practice and our ability to represent your interests effectively, contact the Virginia law firm of Coates & Davenport, P.C.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories--legal ability and general ethical standards.
Representation for all your legal problems. Call the respected Richmond lawyers at Coates & Davenport, P.C., at 804-285-7000, toll free 800-450-8311, or write to us using this online form.