People seeking advice or representation in any Virginia probate matter should contact a knowledgeable lawyer. At Coates & Davenport, P.C., our probate and estate administration practice is headed by John C. Moore, an AV-rated* attorney with more than 30 years of experience. Under his leadership, our firm handles the probate of wills, the administration of trusts and estates and probate litigation.
Handling All Aspects Of Probate, Estate Administration And Trust Administration
Our firm provides prompt and efficient client service from the validation of the will and probate of the estate, to the distribution of assets to beneficiaries and legatees. These services can include:
- Preparing notices to creditors and heirs
- Assembling and inventorying assets
- Arranging for appraisal or valuation of real estate and other assets
- Reviewing and resolving claims against the estate
- Filing estate tax and state and federal income tax returns
- Preparing interim and final accountings
We represent many local personal representatives in estate matters, but we also represent executors and administrators who live in other states. In most cases, we can discharge the duties of such clients while minimizing their need to return to Virginia.
Counsel for all your estate and probate administration problems. Call the respected Richmond lawyers at Coates & Davenport, P.C., at 804-285-7000, toll free 800-450-8311, or write to us using this online form.
For trustees of living trusts, remainder trusts or other trust instruments, we can help you fulfill your responsibilities. We prepare the inventories, reports and tax returns for trust assets. We also help resolve the problems that can arise when there is uncertainty about title to a particular asset named in the trust.
When the validity or terms of a will or trust are in dispute, we can represent any interested party in probate litigation. Whether the issue at hand involves testamentary capacity, undue influence, breach of fiduciary duty or title to a given asset, we can develop and present the strongest case.
To learn more about the scope of our services in probate law or estate administration, contact an attorney at Coates & Davenport, P.C., in Richmond.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties, Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings evaluate two categories--legal ability and general ethical standards.