Veronica L. Allen
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate
- Guardianship/Conservatorship Law
- Family Law
Veronica L. Allen is an attorney with the office of Coates, Battle & Tyree. Her practice focuses on estate planning, divorce and family law, and residential and commercial real estate matters. Veronica is also a SCOVA certified Guardian Ad Litem for incapacitated adults and is passionate about helping families navigate the guardianship/conservatorship process.
Veronica began her legal career as an associate in Fairfax, VA, before moving back to settle in Richmond. Upon relocating, she worked as a Closing Attorney and Title Counsel for a local mortgage lender, focusing on residential refinance and purchase closings. She then transitioned into the banking sector to handle commercial loan closings in an auto-dealer specialty hub.
Veronica attended the University of Maryland for undergraduate studies, where she double majored in Psychology and Criminology, with departmental honors. While there, she was a member of the Primannum Honor Society and Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society. She was also a member of the UMD Treblemakers, an all-female acappella group, and Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity. Veronica completed her J.D. studies at the University of Richmond School of Law, where she served as senior member of the Richmond Journal of Law and the Public Interest, as well as the Community Service Chair of the Animal Law Society.
In her free time, Veronica enjoys spending time with her family, friends and two fur babies, Winston and Champ. She also enjoys traveling, anything music related, and tackling DIY home improvement projects with her husband.
- University of Richmond, School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- University of Maryland , College Park, Maryland
- B.A. - 2012
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Psychology and Criminology Double Major
- Virginia, 2015
Specialties and Certifications
- Guardian Ad Litem for Incapacitated Adults, Supreme Court of Virginia, 2022
- Chesterfield Bar Association , Member, 2021 to Present
- Two Twelve Network, Member, 2023 to Present
- Winslow, McCurry & MacCormac, PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2021 to 2023
- SunTrust now Truist , Commercial Deal Closing Specialist, 2017 to 2021
Fraternities and Sororities
- Zeta Tau Alpha