Standing Up For The Accused
Leading our criminal defense team are former Richmond prosecutor Thomas F. Coates III and Harrison Hubard Jr., each of whom has more than 20 years of criminal defense experience. Our clients count on us to help minimize their exposure to punishment on such serious felony and misdemeanor charges as:
- Violent crimes such as assault, manslaughter, domestic violence and vehicular homicide
- Drug crimes such as possession or distribution of marijuana, cocaine, heroin and unauthorized prescription drugs
- Property crimes, including shoplifting and larceny
- White collar crimes involving fraud, obstruction of justice or perjury, money laundering, embezzlement and false claims for payment
- Juvenile and domestic relations offenses whether committed by adults or juveniles
- Drunk driving charges ranging from first-time DUI and implied consent violations to felony DUI resulting from alcohol-related accidents
- Traffic violations, including speeding and reckless driving charges
- Liquor law violations by restaurants, bars and retailers
- Parole and probation violations
When you need to assert your rights, we’re prepared to help.
Using Our Knowledge Of Other Legal Areas To Strengthen Your Criminal Defense
A strength of our criminal defense practice is our ability to integrate our experience in other areas of the law into your defense. Many of our clients also have business, real estate or family law relationships with our firm.
Contact us below to make an appointment to discuss the particulars of your case with any attorney on our criminal defense team.
To learn more about our ability to represent your interests in any criminal matter, contact a knowledgeable trial attorney at Coates, Battle & Tyree, at 804-729-5537 or via our online form. Our law office is located in Richmond and represent clients throughout Chesterfield, Henrico and Hanover counties.