Protecting Your Assets And Wishes
The future is, of course, unknowable. Anyone can develop an incapacitating illness or serious medical condition. Anyone can become disabled by an accident. One cannot foresee the twists and turns life can take, but one can plan, in a general sense, for the unpredictable.
Developing an estate plan is central to such plans. Simply put, everyone should clearly establish their wishes for their families, finances and health care. In addition, if you own a small business, you should consider planning for passing its management on to the next generation or to your key employees.
Whatever your particular needs, the lawyers of Coates, Battle & Tyree can help you find the right estate planning solutions. Contact us today for a confidential appointment with a qualified estate planning lawyer. We help individuals and families in Henrico, Chesterfield and Hanover counties and surrounding areas with their estate planning needs.
Helping You Create A Customized Solution
Our attorneys can help you identify your objectives and document your intentions with respect to:
- Durable and medical powers of attorney – designating a trusted person to handle your financial affairs in the event you can no longer do so and appointing someone to manage your treatment decisions if you become unable to express your own preferences
- Advance medical directive – specifying your intentions for life support or suspension of treatment in circumstances such as irreversible coma or persistent vegetative state
- Will contests and protection of inheritance rights
Whatever your needs, we are able to advise you.
Exploring All Avenues For Your Individual Situation
At Coates, Battle & Tyree, we also advise families and prepare trust instruments that address specific needs and goals:
- Estate planning for blended families
- Business succession planning for closely held family companies
Our estate planning practice includes guidance regarding wills and other estate planning documentation such as guardianships/conservatorships.
Reach Out To Us When You Need Help
To learn more about the benefits of a well-crafted estate plan, contact Coates, Battle & Tyree.Call 804-729-5537 or email us using our online form.