Caroline M. Butler
- Criminal Defense 100%
Caroline M. Butler graduated magna cum laude from Virginia Commonwealth University. The U.S. Department of State awarded her the David L. Boren Scholarship. She lived in Dakar, Senegal where she studied French and Wolof.
Caroline received her Juris Doctor from American University Washington College of Law. In law school, Caroline served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Anita-Josey Herring, the Chief Judge of the D.C. Superior Court. Caroline also completed a large-scale report for the United Nations on war crimes in Latin America. In her spare time, she served as a legal observer for the National Lawyers Guild.
Caroline has successfully defended clients against charges of assault, DUI, larceny, and more. She is committed to fighting against government oppression and police misconduct. She offers high-quality and compassionate legal representation.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: International Studies
- Virginia State Bar, 2021
Current Employment Positions
- Associate Attorney
- Virginia Indigent Defense Commission, Assistant Public Defender, 2021 to 2023
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2021 to Present
- Lynchburg Bar Association, Member, 2021 to 2022
- U.S. Department of State David L. Boren Scholarship, African Flagship Language Initiative