Four Decades Of Legal Excellence

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Family Law Decree Modifications & Enforcement

Family Law Decree Modifications & Enforcement

Circumstances change after a divorce, and sometimes existing court orders are no longer appropriate for the present-day reality.

If you are seeking a modification to a divorce decree or trying to stop a change that will adversely affect you, the attorneys at Coates & Davenport, P.C., in Richmond are here for you.

We have more than four decades of experience handling complex divorce and family law issues for clients in Henrico, Chesterfield and Hanover counties and throughout surrounding areas.

Modifying A Decree

We advise people who need to change the terms of a child custody, spousal support or child support decree. We counsel people about the likelihood that a judge will order a change in the original order or agreement.

Our family law attorneys can then negotiate a new agreement with your former spouse or develop and present the evidence favoring your position at a court hearing. We represent either the person seeking the modification or the person opposing it.

Post-Decree Enforcement

What are your options if you are not receiving the alimony or child support promised? We can represent you if a payer defaults in child support or alimony payments. If you are trying to get a support order enforced, we can prove the default and ask the court for penalties.

If the other party is seeking enforcement against you, we can advise you about your alternatives and develop a mutually acceptable resolution to the dispute.

Talk To An Experienced Family Law Attorney

If you are seeking representation for a family law decree modification or enforcement issue in Virginia, our lawyers are here to stand up for your rights. Call 804-729-5537, or write to us using this online form.