Five Decades Of Legal Excellence

When Do You Need Post-Divorce Representation?

After a divorce, frequently one party fails to follow the provisions of a property settlement agreement. At times, parents fail to pay child support as ordered. This leads to a range of concerns, both financial and emotional.

We can help. The experienced attorneys at Coates, Battle & Tyree are skilled in helping individuals enforce divorce decrees. Based in Richmond and serving clients throughout Virginia, we are also adept at seeking modifications when the nonearning spouse is not receiving retirement benefits because no special court order for dividing retirement benefits was ever prepared or entered by the court.

Experienced Attorneys Advocating For You

If your agreement or final decree required selling the family home or refinancing the mortgage and those steps have not been taken, we can assist you in enforcing such orders. Our experienced divorce and family law attorneys can explain your rights and talk to you about how to get what you are entitled to even after the final divorce decree has been entered.

Commonwealth Of Virginia Child Support Enforcement

If your property settlement agreement and/or your divorce decree or other court order provided that you receive support, but you are not receiving these payments, contact our experienced divorce and family law attorneys to talk about your rights. We can help you enforce the child support obligations that are yours by law.

Talk To A Virginia Divorce Lawyer About Post-Decree Modifications

Agreements may be modified, but only by the court. Contact the lawyers at Coates, Battle & Tyree for more information at 804-729-5537, or write to us using this online form.